What help can you give me in a court claim

Court claims can be stressful and cause anxiety. As a result Private Parking Appeals will offer advice and assistance from the moment you contact us to the courtroom door.

However, as we are not a regulated legal business (A firm of solicitors) the help we can provide is legally limited. For example, we can help you prepare a defence, a counterclaim, your witness statement and any evidence, but we cannot sign these documents on your behalf. We can file them with court and send them to the claimant, but we cannot do that on your behalf, only at your request.

The documents we produce are always tailored for your circumstances, and we do not use templates, however, they are only ever a recommendation as to how you should proceed.

And, importantly, we cannot assist you in court, though we may be able to introduce you to a Lay Representative who can.


If all this seems like semantics, we agree. The Parking Company or Debt Collector can appoint any of their staff to act for them in court, yet you cannot appoint, or pay us, to do so. This seems unfair, but this is how the current Civil Procedure Rules are written. Nonetheless, and within the rules, We will support you in every way we legally can to win your case against the Parking Company.